CSP & SOLAR THERMAL
A proven and available renewable energy source
We provide independent Concentrated Solar Power (CSP) system advice from some of the leading experts in this field. From in-depth market analysis and policy advice to concept and detailed system designs, we can help you structure your CSP project and get it moving.
As part of a future energy portfolio, CSP systems provide:
- Dispatchable energy supply: CSP with storage has the capability to dispatch electricity in the range of baseload to peaking power, an essential complement to variable renewable sources.
- Lower emission conventional power plants: CSP can be efficiently integrated into existing and new coal and gas power plants to reduce emissions and extend plant life for a least-cost transition to a low-emission energy future.
- Emission reduction: 10 GW of capacity would reduce Australia’s emissions by roughly 30 megatonnes (Mt) CO2 per year, about 15% of current electricity sector emissions.
- Clean energy sector growth: Australia has world-leading solar resources, and CSP would allow us to claim a significant place in the global clean energy supply chain. Delaying action could see that opportunity missed.
- Community-supported generation: CSP is low-impact, with limited land and water needs. Every 100 MW system would also create around 500 job years during construction and 20 jobs during operation, mostly in regional areas.
- Potential for future solar fuels: Emerging technology will convert solar energy to liquid fuels, supplied at scale to both domestic and export markets.