Small smart grids for the future
ITP’s services have a distinct focus on designing for the future. Since 1981, we have specialised in community scale mini-grids that integrate renewable and diesel generation with energy storage. We have worked on mini-grid energy projects in virtually every Pacific country. As microgrids and smart grids have gained traction in Australia we now also routinely apply this expertise in remote Australia and across the globe.
Mini-grids: Self-contained electricity generation and distribution for off-grid or remote areas
Micro-grid: Section of an electricity network capable of storage and generation, self-sufficient when stored energy is high
Intelligent small grid management: Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) and Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) for smart grids.
We offer specialist services that encompass the full spectrum of project development, from project scoping and feasibility studies through to construction and monitoring, including:
- Local renewable energy resource and yield assessment.
- Load analysis and estimation.
- Cost estimation and capacity optimisation.
- Financial analysis and risk assessment.
- Socio-economic, regulatory and environmental assessment.
- Commercial models for implementation
- Technical specifications and tender documents.
- Tender management and evaluation.
- Contract negotiations.
- Detailed electrical design and/or design reviews for generation, distribution and protection systems.
- Design, supply and commissioning of supervisory control and data acquisition (SCADA) systems for remote monitoring.
- Project management.
- Contractor management, surveillance, and quality assurance.
- Installation (including containerised remote area power systems).
- Commissioning supervision and/or independent acceptance testing.
- Performance monitoring and reporting.
- Project reviews.