The Secretariat of the Pacific Community asked ITP Renewables to provide a range of technical assistance and strategic advice on development and decarbonisation of Palau's diesel powered mini-grids. This included the following aspects:
- assess grid stability
- draft grid connection guidelines, standards and regulations
- review training needs and tariffs
- undertake PV investment analysis under various ownership models
- review energy policies
- draft tender specifications for an Independent Power Producer
- draft key components of a Power Purchase Agreement to sell PV output to the Palau Public Utilities Corporation.